OEN PubTalk: Why B a B Corp?
If you see triple when you look at your bottom line, you’re not alone. You’re part of a growing movement of entrepreneurs and business people who are prioritizing more than profit. Should you make it official and become a B Corp?
At OEN’s May PubTalk, held in partnership with Portland State University School of Business Administration, panelists from companies that have taken the leap will discuss the benefits and challenges of B Corp certification.
- Jacen Greene (Moderator) – Program Manager, Social Enterprise Initiatives, Impact Entrepreneurs PSU’s School of Business Administration
- Christian Ettinger – Brewmaster, Hopworks Urban Brewery
- Fabiana Pedroso de Araujo – Senior Global Standards Analyst B Lab
- Kate Rood – Community Engagement Officer, Portland Beneficial State Foundation<
- Michelle Lantow Chief Administrative Officer, 2012-2016 New Seasons Market
The OEN PubTalk™ is their flagship monthly happy hour — a perfect starting point for new community members and a great place for established members to make new connections.
Held the second Wednesday of every month, OEN PubTalks are what the name implies — an hour of networking followed by a talk on a specified theme. And yes, they take place at a pub.
OEN PubTalks usually kick off with a short pitch from an OEN member, followed by audience Q&A. As always, the program will be preceded by time for networking and will include free appetizers and pizza. Registration begins at 5:15 p.m.; the panel discussion kicks off at 6:00 p.m.