Assistant Director of Ideation
Produces quality creative work that maintains and advances the creative tone and pace of OSU Athletics. Responsible for producing content that represents the Oregon State Athletics brand story, while maintaining standards of creative excellence. Work can include but is not limited to social video, motion graphics, static graphics, and virtual reality experiences. Identifies new trends and recommends implementations. Incorporates and generates ideas from Ideation Team to develop proposals and ideas for future campaigns.
Works under the direction of the Associate Athletic Director (AD) for Ideation. Provides direction across units regarding creative content and best practices around social media. Will interact with coaches, student-athletes and staff members to create engaging content. This position assists in the management and integrity of OSU’s brand through this medium.
Official Athletic Website: osubeavers.com
Official School Website: oregonstate.edu
OSU Athletic’s Ideation team serves as an in-house creative ad agency with the goal of telling the Beavers’ story to fans, recruits and outsiders. The Ideation Team collaborates with marketing and communications to identify OSU’s brand utilizing video, social media, graphic design and technology as core storytelling platforms.
- Office Hours: 40 hours per week plus games and select events
- 80% Content Creation: Create content that tells the stories of Oregon State Athletics’ student-athletes, coaches, and programs. Will be responsible for a large output of content, including short-form video, motion graphics, static graphics, 360-degree videos and more.
- 20% Leadership and Brand Integrity: Under the leadership of the Associate AD for Ideation, delivers creative content across all social media outlets in a consistent and brand authentic manner. Follows foundational messaging across multiple sport and departmental platform to ensure brand integrity. Provides creative input for initiatives and develops new engagement strategies that ultimately leads to revenue generation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Design, Video or related field.
- 2 years of experience (intern or full time) in college athletics OR in a creative agency environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of various social media platforms, and how to utilize each to effectively grow following and engage followers.
- Ability to write concise and effective copy that shows the personality of the Oregon State Athletics brand.
- Knowledge of major applications of Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Strong interpersonal skills, initiative, and self-motivation, and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Understanding and belief in mission of college athletics.
Hands on experience in graphic design and video editing.
- Experience working as part of a creative team on a comprehensive marketing campaign.
- Hands on experience in motion graphic design.
- Ability to demonstrate Core Values: excellence, integrity, authenticity, tenacity, optimism, collaboration and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- A demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity and a demonstrated effectiveness in addressing issues of diversity and multiculturalism and in building community among different groups in university and community settings.